The possibility of a joint Columbia/Greene jail took a step forward Tuesday, December 5, when representatives from Columbia and Greene Counties met in Hudson to discuss specifics of the project. The Greene County group included Legislators Lawrence, Torgersen and Bulich, County Administrator Groden and County Attorney Kaplan, among others. The discussions raised a number of potential issues, including the need to expand and upgrade the existing facility in Hudson and the need for increased transportation for prisoners between Greene and Columbia. These were balanced by a number of benefits, including sharp cost reductions for Greene, an ongoing revenue stream for Columbia and the possibility of additional funding from Albany to support the shared facility. These and other issues need to be weighed against the alternative of building a new jail facility in Greene County, which would require a bond of approximately $45 million. Both sides agreed to refine their thinking in light of the meeting and reconvene once again before the holidays.
VOTE APRIL 24th for Aidan for State Assembly!
DONATE to the Greene County Democratic Committee:
Like Us On Facebook:
For Info About the County Jail – Go To
GCDC Photos on Flickr:
News & Events by Town
Upcoming GCDC EventsApr24Tueall-day Absentee Ballots for Special Ele...Absentee Ballots for Special Ele...Apr 24 all-dayLast day to deliver absentee ballot in person at the Board of Elections by close of polls at 9 pm.Apr26Thu7:00 pm GCDC Executive Committee Meeting @ Gallagher'sGCDC Executive Committee Meeting @ Gallagher'sApr 26 @ 7:00 pm
- 3 Days to the Special Election for the NY State Assembly 102nd District • Help GOTV for Aidan O’Connor Jr.
- The Greenville Pioneer Endorses Aidan O’Connor Jr. for State Assembly!
- Make Calls For Aidan O’Connor Jr. for Assembly to GOTV on April 24th!!
- GOTV Kick-off Breakfast at Aidan for Assembly HQ
- Thank You New Baltimore Democrats for Hosting a Meet and Greet with Aidan O’Connor Jr. for Assembly!